Irish Screen America, formerly known as Irish Film New York, supports and guides Irish media-makers by showcasing their work and fostering partnerships in the two largest cities for the entertainment industry in the United States – New York and Los Angeles. The organization holds screenings, industry panels, discussions and master classes throughout the year.
Irish Screen America was founded by Irish filmmaker, producer, and IBO member Niall McKay and is produced out of his media production company, Media Factory.
This year they will be hosting their annual Film Festival in New York on October 2-4, 2015.
This three-day screening series highlights critically-acclaimed contemporary Irish films, shorts, web shows, animation and video games and will host a selection of filmmaker Q&A’s, industry panel discussions and filmmaker receptions.
Other Highlights Of This Year’s Program Include:
- Opening Night Reception and Film, Traders, a chilling new Irish thriller.
- Local Heroes and Beyond: shorts from NY based Irish filmmakers.
- New Irish Talent Showcase-featuring shorts, web shows, animation and games.
- Master Class with award-winning director Cathy Brady.
- Documentary film, After The Dance, directed by Daisy Asquith
For Members, log-into the Members Section to receive the discount code for tickets. Members Discounts Section.
Opening Night Party
Friday, October 2, 2015 5-7 PM
Glucksman Ireland House
1 Washington Mews
New York, NY 10003
To RSVP for the Opening Night Party, please click here.
For more details about the festival, please visit their website.